Today I’m sharing a quick, easy and delicious tomato soup topped with salsa verde. You’re going to love it!
Soup is one of my favorite meals.
Today I’m joining an amazing group of friends to share soup & salad ideas.
You’ll find the links to all their delicious recipes at the end.
This post includes affiliate links for your convenience at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
It was only a few years ago I learned to make tomato soup.
A really good tomato soup.
I had no idea it was so simple.
But it is.
TOMATO SOUP TOPPED WITH SALSA VERDE
With just a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
Cooked in a single sauce pan.
Then pureed in a blender.
(or immersion blender.)
Add some zing with a quick salsa verde made in a mini-prep.
Here’s the recipe:
Tomato Soup Topped With Salsa Verde
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced (1/2 cup)
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 28oz can Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Heavy Cream
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Mix of Basil, Italian Parsley & Cilantro
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 2/3 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Capers, rinsed
- 1 Anchovy Fillet Optional (I leave it out)
- 1/4 Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat, add onion and cook about 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add garlic and season with salt and pepper, continue cooking another 30 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with juice and bring to a boil. Reduced to simmer, and cook about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to blender and puree until smooth. Be really careful with the hot liquid; remove cap from blender and cover opening with a dish towel. Or use an immersion blender.
- Add mix of herbs, and remaining ingredients to a mini-prep food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Transfer to small bowl and stir in olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
So simple, right?!
Lunch, or dinner, is served!
For a heartier meal, pair with grilled cheese sandwiches.
So there you have it.
Quick and Easy Tomato Soup.
Topped with Salsa Verde.
What do you think?
Will you give it a try?
Pin this image to your favorite Pinterest recipe boards.
And be sure to follow me on Pinterest.
VISIT MY FRIENDS FOR MORE SOUP AND SALAD IDEAS
Blogger’s Best Soup and Salad Recipes
- Creamy Cauliflower and Cheddar Soup | Twelve on Main
- Easy Taco Soup Slow Cooker Recipe | Inspiration for Moms
- Lemony Shrimp, Orzo, Kalamata Salad | Classic Casual Home
- Japanese Cucumber Salad Recipe (Sunomono) | Happy Happy Nester
- Easy Tuscan Winter Soup | Most Lovely Things
- Sweet Corn Gazpacho Soup | Paint Me Pink
- Overnight Crockpot French Onion Soup | My Sweet Savannah
- Quick and Easy Tomato Soup with Salsa Verde | Make Mine A Spritzer
- The Best Peanut Soup and Salad Recpe | My 100 Year Old Home
- Greek Lemon Orzo Soup | Eleanor Rose Home
What’s your favorite soup?
Let me know in the comments below.