“Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises.”
~ Pedro Calderon de la Barca
“It’s not easy being green” sang a very famous frog.
Be that as it may, green is an easy color for decorating.
Using our potted boxwoods as inspiration, I decided to go with a green theme for our back patio this year.
I’m thrilled with the result and ready to enjoy a long spring and summer season.
Sources for all Snowberry’s patio furnishings are listed at the end of this post.
When our landscape renovation wrapped up last fall, we had another 4-6 weeks of good weather to look forward to and enjoy our new outdoor spaces.
I bought pillow and throws with a fall vibe, but the pillows weren’t meant for outdoors
(it was late in the season and very little was available).
The pillows faded in the sun and a few mildewed from damp nights.
You can see what Snowberry’s back patio looked like before the renovation here.
And, our fall patio reveal here.
Early February ushered in milder temperatures and with spring in sight I got a jump on
ordering pillows, throws and accessories for our back patio seating areas.
Pillows made from performance fabrics that can handle heat, sun and some level of moisture.
Ordering early meant no out-of-stock delays (been there done that).
And, without shelling out for expedited shipping, everything arrived within a week.
Ta da … who do you think?!
Of course, this time of year I keep everything covered overnight.
Truth be told, I keep it covered overnight a lot during the summer as well.
We have lots of trees that drop branches and leaves year round … plus, birds.
All our pillows are from Serena & Lily (not sponsored). I’m a huge S&L fan.
They have the best outdoor pillows and I fell hard for their moss green collection.
This post includes affiliate links for your convenience at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Last but not least, I couldn’t resist these grey wicker lanterns.
Do I need more outdoor lanterns?
No. But …
I just ordered this vibrant moss green and ivory throw to toss over the ottoman.
And, these pretty trays for summer entertaining.
To be completely honest I’m not wild about these green throws.
I love the color, but they’re a little flimsy and hard to fold.
They’re soft and cozy though.
It’s time to move Make Mine A Spritzer’s world HQ outdoors.
Pippa and Maggie, office assistants extraordinaire, are all for it!
Look at me wearing my Easter ensemble again.
Did you read last week’s post … Spring Things, Easter Edition?!
If so, you know Jim and I are on our own for Easter this year.
I ordered brunch from Fraiche Catering.
If you live locally they’re a great option for wonderful prepared meals, beautifully packaged
(seriously, the packing is so amazing you just want to look at and photograph it).
And they deliver.
So, no I’m not cooking but I want to share a few of my favorite Easter … spring … recipes.
- Martha Stewart’s mother’s roasted kielbasa. So easy and so yummy.
- Gratin Dauphinois from The Joy of Cooking. The best.
- Chilled Asparagus ~ wash & trim asparagus, steam for 2-3 minutes (depending on thickness). Dunk into ice bath, drain, cool, dry and place on serving dish or tray. Splash with your favorite vinaigrette and top with petite diced Roma tomatoes (or whatever flavorful tomatoes you find at the market). Sprinkle a little sea salt over the tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. Serve chilled.
And, last week’s cocktail …
- Last Friday I made a Grapefruit Infused Vodka Spritz … light, refreshing and I thought nice for Easter brunch or pre-dinner cocktails. This week I’m going to try it with Pink Grapefruit Italian Soda instead of Club Soda. And, a lime garnish in lieu of a grapefruit wedge and rosemary sprig. Stay tuned for that … probably Thursday.
I hope you enjoyed Snowberry’s spring/summer patio refresh …
as promised here are all sources for our outdoor furniture and accessories.
Lighting: Bevolo Williamsburg 14″ electric lights (we used the 16″ on garage)
Large Planters: Giannini Gardens Ashford Planters
Brass Spouts: Giannini Gardens Firenze Water Spouts in bronze
Chaise Lounge Chairs: Frontgate Carlisle Chaise in Onyx; cushions in Rumor Snow with Logic Bone Piping
Wicker Sofas: Restoration Hardware Provence Luxe Sofa 87″ in Grey
Ottoman: Restoration Hardware Provence Classic Coffee Table Ottoman in Grey
Sofa & Ottoman Cushions: Sunbrella Canvas in natural
Sofa Pillows: Serena & Lily …
- Perennials Pinstripe 24″ Pillow Cover in moss & white and pillow insert
- Deauville 20″ Pillow Cover in moss and pillow insert
- Surf Stripe 12″ x 21″ Pillow Cover in moss and pillow insert
Sofa Throws: Target Threshold Chunky Striped Knit Throw
Ottoman Throw: (not shown) Serena & Lily Palermo Cotton Throw in moss
Wicker Tray: Target Threshold Woven Rectangular Tray
Serving Trays: (not shown) Serena & Lily Gardenside Trays
Wicker Hurricanes: Serena & Lily Summerland Lanterns in Harbor Grey
As always, I appreciate your visit and welcome your thoughts in the comments below.
Cheers from Snowberry!
Photo credit: Monica Vargas Photography
SHOP THIS POST –